There’s less than 1 week until writing starts at Camp NaNoWriMo!
My challenge during April
- 50 hours of editing time on my novel, Mime
- 10k words of new material in the form of short stories, to include…
- 30 pieces of micro fiction
That’s a whole lot of work but I am really determined to do it.
I’m working hard to clear my schedule as much as I can to give myself the best chance. Nevertheless, April will still include The Day Job, a family visit, a two-day road trip and the start of a 7-week writing course. So a clear schedule is a relative thing in my book. Key days for me will be Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
A big part of making time will be to pre-load as much content as I can on my blogs.
Over the next six days I have 5 pre-camp goals to achieve
1. Prepare a plan of action.
2. Re-familiarise myself with my manuscript by reading it through.
3. Prepare a tracking spreadsheet.
4. Get into the habit of working whenever I have time and start recording that time.
5. Organise my computer files, back ups and paper notes.